Monday 15 November 2010

Marseille playlist, website & MMA documentary

Been a while since my last update. I have been busy juggling university rubbish, getting a website going, filming, and weight training for my latest project. I have therefore not had much time to piss away on writing this blog.

University has been getting me bogged down along with other things, only 6 months of it to go though. Then it is back in to the minimum wage working world again while I try and get my career happening. Yay, so I've got that to look forward too.

I've been working with the peeps at www.pokeintheeye.co.uk for the past few weeks, putting together a website for my services. The site is still being worked on, but it does the job at the moment. The address is www.colinwoodmedia.com if you want to take a look. Thanks to Neil Henderson for the cool photo of me which I borrowed without asking. Sorry.

In the filming department I've been working on a documentary to fulfill my university requirements this year on cagefighting/MMA. This is basically the first time I've been been in front of the camera in years and yes there is a reason for that. I fucking hate being filmed. So basically I am interviewer boy on this one. This is way out of my comfort zone. I hate not being able to see what the camera is shooting and I find that distracting me from my role of Louis Theroux type. So far it has been quite tough. I've had one great interview so far with Guy Ramsay (former Muay Thai fighter/gym co-owner). The man knows his stuff. I was filming an event in Lanark too which is actually the first cage fighting event I've been to. A cool experience but again I didn't feel that I was at my best. I can't help being a self critical bastard. A good thing to come out of this project is that I am re-commited to working out again. I plan on doing a bit of training for the film. Hopefully it will be entertaining to watch me move around with zero technique and at the same time I'll hopefully get some first hand perspective on the level of fitness required. That's the idea anyway.

I haven't posted anything in a little while so I'll fiish off by posting the Marseille gig I filmed at the beginning of October. Here it is in a nice wee playlist. Cheers again to the band and the crew who worked on this gig.