Tuesday 17 May 2011

Wedding Video & Attica Rising & Nae mare Uni

As of writing this I am awaiting my results for degree number two. That's right, I am officially twice as unemployable as everyone else. Just aswell I have some commissions coming in to keep me going. To sum up my time studying film at university I'd have to say that it was a little disappointing. I find that I've done more for myself off of my own back than the university has for me. In fact the only lecture who gave me a bit of experience in the industry, as well as a corporate video job, has never officially taught me. I found a lot of the theory classes useful in broadening my knowledge of cinema but on the whole the practical classes were a disappointment. It's even more gutting to discover that next year's students will be getting all new gear to play with in addition to a new campus. Bloody typical. Anyway the university showcase is next week and I've been nominated for the second year in a row in the documentary category. So we'll see how that turns out.

A couple of months ago I shot my first wedding video along with my bro and Calum MacPhail. I have to say that it went quite well. The bride turned up, the wedding took place and everything got filmed. It was done in HD using DSLR's so the footage looks nice. It sounded good too. For a first wedding I have to say it is pretty damn good. If you don't believe me, I've stuck together a wee compilation video of the day for all to see. Here take a look:



What else have I been up to? Well, I'm now starting to concentrate on editing the Attica Rage documentary. I had Jonny and Big C come out to mine last week to film a round of sitdown interviews. I've started logging them and placing them in the edit. I'm hoping to get Richie and Bell done next week before the band go out to Ibiza for some pure mad clubbing. I went last year and I still have nightmares about it. Anyway, I'm aiming to have a decent edit done by early July with a near complete edit by August. I predict a stressful time ahead and if I'm being a dick you'll probably not notice since I am pretty much all the time anyway. Where the film goes from there I don't know. Hopefully a DVD release or something but I want it done before I even think of that far ahead.

So until my next update that's me done.